Sunday, January 04, 2015

Ninth Blogoversary (A Day Early)

Happy 2015 everyone and I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years holiday.

Nine years ago tomorrow, I decided to dip my toe in the blogosphere and created this blog. At the time (2006), I was living in Marin County, CA (hence the title), George W. Bush was President, Republicans held both houses on Congress, the unemployment rate was somewhere around 5 percent.

Today, I'm living in Fairfax County, Virginia (since 2007). Richard Milhous Obama has been President since 2009 (and gotten away with stuff that Richard Nixon only dreamed of), Republican now hold both houses of Congress once again, and less people are working today than they were in 2006.

A lot of other changes have happened to the country, and I'm sure personal changes to all of us as well.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back and kick off 2015. Thank you for stopping by and reading.  If you haven't yet, feel free to connect as well on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments: