Some held silent vigils, but still others decided it was time for their fellow citizens to pay.
John Nolte at Breitbart News has compiled the following 22 acts of lawlessness committed in the name of "Justice for Trayvon."
1. July 14: Witness claims Hispanic man beaten by youths yelling, "This is for Trayvon."Meanwhile, the most Richard Milhous Obama did was to issue a statement on Sunday, using the verdict as a call for gun control legislation. Just as Attorney General Eric Holder has today attacked "Stand Your Ground" laws.
2.July 16: Jogger in Mississippi claims he was attacked in retaliation for Zimmerman verdict
3. July 16: Pennsylvania business graffitied with 'Kill Zimmerman,' set on fire
4. July 16: Wisconsin man claims he was beaten by teens shouting, "This is for Trayvon."
5. July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protesters block freeway traffic in Los Angeles
6. July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protester raid a Walmart in Los Angeles
7. July 16: CBS reporter assaulted in Crenshaw during anti-Zimmerman protest
8. July 15: Anti-Zimmerman protester block major intersection in Newark, NJ
9. July 16: Thirteen arrested in Crenshaw for vandalizing cars and stores, assault
10. July 16: Waiter struck in head with a hammer
11. July 16: Windows broken at Men's Wearhouse
12. July 15: Store window spray-painted with word "revolt"
13. July 13: New York Giants star threatens Zimmerman
14. July 14: 'Wire' creator David Simon says he'd bring a brick to Zimmerman courthouse
15. July 14: Singer attacked after dedicating song to Trayvon Martin
16. July 13: Teen arrested in Zion, Illinois for threatening violence
17. July 13: Gallery of death threats against George Zimmerman
18. July 15: "Kill Zimmerman" Facebook page removed
19. July 14: Man lights marijuana cigarette off burnt American flag
20. July 15: Dozen arrested in New York protest
21. July 15: New York protesters block traffic
22. July 16: Houston protesters block traffic
But go back two and a half years ago to January 2011, when Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was wounded, and six others (including a federal judge and nine year old girl) were killed by an armed nut, Jared Loughner. Because Giffords' congressional seat had been "targeted" by the Tea Party as one to take in the 2010 mid-term elections, the same media that tried and convicted George Zimmerman claimed that the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, and Rush Limbaugh, among others, inspired Loughner to shoot the Congresswoman and the others at her Tucson meet and greet. Never mind Loughner was, by all accounts, a dope-smoking, 9/11 Troofer obsessed with a movie Zeitgeist, not anything close to being Tea Party material.
But the allegation made a good background for Obama to use at a public memorial to give a homily about the lack of civility that had infected the political debate.
"At a time when our discourse has become so sharply polarized," he said, "at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who happen to think differently than we do — it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds."
Unfortunately, we saw in the weeks after that speech how Obama was silent when his allies engaged in uncivil behavior. Never mind that Obama, near the end of the 2012 election cycle, claimed one of the most important lessons he had learned as President was that he represented the entire country.
Notice how Obama always sounds slick, eloquent and uniting when it comes to attacking his ideological opponents as being uncivil and divisive. But where was the same call to civility in the Zimmerman case? In many ways, Obama and Holder can be held responsible for fanning some of passions and divisions, especially with comments like "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."
Why is that necessary? Why do we have a President and attorney general who act as if they have a racial chip on their shoulders, instead of seeing the progress America has made in race relations? Is it because of their membership in racist "churches" and racial separatist groups? Instead of representing all Americans, Obama and members of his regime use straw man arguments and events to divide and pit Americans against each other by race, class, gender, or sexual orientation. It's also a good tool to shout "SQUIRREL" and distract from their crimes and scandals.
While the Obama InJustice Department asks for tips to aid in a civil rights case against George Zimmerman, they are silent as stats show violent crime against whites in America has increased 18 percent in the year 2010 to 2011.
So where is the Obama InJustice Department in protecting all Americans? Where's the same call for "civility" and "new tone" that you were so eager to give after Tucson? Because your silence in the wake of the lawless actions after the Zimmerman trial speaks volumes right now.