Brian Preston at PJ Media wrote of the seven things we learned at the BenghaziGate hearings:
1. There were multiple stand-down orders, not just one. Special operations forces were told, twice, by their chain of command not to board aircraft to Benghazi to rescue the Americans then under attack.If I recall, it also came out during testimony that no permission was asked for to go into Libyan airspace.
2. Ambassador Stevens’ reason for going to Benghazi has been cleared up. Hicks testified that Ambassador Stevens traveled to Benghazi to fulfill one of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s wishes. Despite the fact that security was worsening in Benghazi for months leading up to the 9-11 attack, Clinton wanted to make the post there permanent. Her State Department had denied repeated requests from the U.S. team in Libya to upgrade security there, but she wanted to use the permanent post as a symbol of goodwill.That to me is the most damning aspect. Keep in mind that it was Hillary Rotten, who shrieked like the ex-wife from hell in 2003 about "we have every right to question this Administration." And the Bush years were a time when the whistleblower was Time Magazine's Person of the Year. But that was in the Bush years. Today, questioning the Obama Regime is unpatriotic and racist. All hell should be raised on Hicks being punished for questioning Rice and the Regime.
3. Clinton was briefed at 2 am on the night of the attack, was never told that a movie had anything to do with the attack by those on the ground in Libya, yet blamed the movie anyway. Hicks also testified that he was shocked when Ambassador Susan Rice blamed a YouTube movie for inspiring the 9-11 attack. He testified that he had briefed Secretary Clinton directly via phone at 2 a.m. and told her that Benghazi was a terrorist attack.
4. Whistleblowers were intimidated into silence. Hicks testified to a pattern of behavior that leads to the reasonable conclusion that many officials within the State Department wanted him to remain silent after the Benghazi attack. He said that on the night of the attack he was personally commended both by Secretary Clinton and President Barack Obama. But he later questioned why Ambassador Rice blamed the YouTube movie, and from that point on his superior, Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones, questioned his “management style” and told him directly that no one in State should want him on their team in the field again. He was eventually demoted to a desk job after having been deputy to Ambassador Stevens, and remains in that post.
5. “The YouTube movie was a non-event in Libya.” Hicks directly testified that the YouTube movie, for which a man remains in jail, was not in any way relevant to the attack in Benghazi. Why Obama, Clinton, Rice et al blamed that movie for the attack remains an unanswered question.
6. Democrats were uninterested in getting at most of the facts, but were very interested in destroying Mark Thompson. Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) set the tone for the Democrats’ angle on the hearings in his opening remarks. He used his opening to attack the committee chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa, and to pre-question the witnesses. Most of the Democrats who followed him failed to ask many questions of the witnesses. Instead, they delivered speeches or blamed budget cuts, an argument that has already been debunked by the State Department itself.
7. House hearings are a poor way to determine who did what and why during and after the attack. The Republicans, as I said, should have broken today’s hearing out across several days. When they did question the witnesses, they kept their speeches short and focused on getting answers.
I agree with Cong. Frank Wolf, who has put forward legislation to have a Select Committee investigate Benghazi, as well as articles of impeachment and investigations into other people at State Department and inside the Regime who were involved in not only keeping forces from rescuing our people, but coming up with the false YouTube video story.
The Lonely Conservative: Hillary’s 2AM Phone Call And Other Highlights Of The Benghazi Hearing
Nice Deb: The Regime’s Lies Unravel at the #Benghazi Hearing (Videos)
Michelle Malkin: Operation Smear Benghazi Whistleblowers
Rare: Why Conservatives Are Furious About Benghazi
Gateway Pundit: Former Obama Official Mocks Benghazi Hearings As Conspiracy Theorist "Amateur Hour"
Anne Sorock at Legal Insurrection WaPo focuses on “rich, middle-aged men and Chick-fil-A lovers” tweeting about #Benghazi hearings
American Power: Devastating New Testimony on Obama Administration's Benghazi Cover-Up
The Other McCain: Remember Nakoula?