Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the buck stops with her when it comes to who is to blame for security ahead of a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.
"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru, for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, was the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions."I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.
Now true, I don't think she's blameless in what happened in Benghazi, but she serves under the President. And as Harry Truman had posted on his desk, "The Buck Stops Here."
But Hillary's politically motivated trip under the bus doesn't explain other things.
- Who asked UN Ambassador Susan Rice to repeatedly lie on TV about the cause of the attack?
- If the White House knew the Benghazi attack was al-Queda, how come she and Richard Milhous Obama continued to peddle the lie it was about a dumb YouTube video?
- Who put the cover-up of what happened in Benghazi in place?
- How come the White House did nothing when listening stations monitored what was going on in Benghazi, while the attack was happening?
- What did the President know, and when did he know it?
- If she does take responsiblity, then why hasn't Hillary resigned, or Obama demanded her resignation?
The fallout from BenghaziGate is hurting Obama bad, more than the media is telling us, and I think he's trying to get someone to deflect from him. I still think that if Hillary is doing this to help herself for 2016, she should forget it. Once again, we see how Obama is unwilling to accept blame, he only passes it to anyone but himself.
It's telling that a President and a political party that claims Mitt Romney and Republicans are waging a "war on women" sit back while the male President lets a woman take all the blame.