Monday, September 17, 2012

Obama Story On Deadly Libya Consulate Attack Falling Apart

Despite the fact that the US Consultate in Libya had been attacked four previous times, and warnings were given of a possible attack on 9/11/12, memebers of the Obama Regime, like UN Ambassador Susan Rice, claimed it was a protest over a movie that became violent (ABC via The Other McCain).

“Our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo,” Rice told [Jake Tapper] this morning on “This Week.”

“In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated,” Rice said, referring to protests in Egypt Tuesday over a film that depicts the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud. Protesters in Cairo breached the walls of the U.S. Embassy, tearing apart an American flag.

“We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to – or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo,” Rice said. “And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons… And it then evolved from there.”

That story continues to fall apart this evening (Gateway Pundit).



Fox News:

An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that there was no demonstration outside the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi prior to last week’s attack — challenging the Obama administration’s claims that the assault grew out of a “spontaneous” protest against an anti-Islam film.

“There was no protest and the attacks were not spontaneous,” the source said, adding the attack “was planned and had nothing to do with the movie.”

The source said the assault came with no warning at about 9:35 p.m. local time, and included fire from more than two locations. The assault included RPG’s and mortar fire, the source said, and consisted of two waves.

The account that the attack started suddenly backs up claims by a purported Libyan security guard who told McClatchy Newspapers late last week that the area was quiet before the attack.

“There wasn’t a single ant outside,” the unnamed guard, who was being treated in a hospital, said in the interview

Video was also released over the weekend showing Ambassador Stevens being brought out of the safehouse, and the people are screaming "Allah Akbar" as his body is brought out.

Meanwhile, what's Dear Leader doing? He's too busy watching football (Sister Toldjah)

No comments: