Sunday, March 04, 2012

An Apology To Rush Limbaugh

Before I left late yesterday afternoon to attend the memorial for Andrew Breitbart in Washington DC, I saw a posting from Rush Limbaugh on Facebook that he was apologizing for using the term "slut" to Sandra the Fluke.

For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.

Nevertheless, the Left is trying with gusto to take Rush down. Already, Carbonite (an advertiser closely associated with him), Sleep Number beds, Quicken Loans, and Legal Zoom have dropped advertising because of pressure from the anti-Free Speech Left (Media Mutters).

The hypocrisy, in Carbonite's case, is that fat Ed Schultz can call Laura Ingraham a "right wing slut" not because she likes having a lot of sex, but it's a cheap, quick and dirty insult to throw a conservative woman. Did Carbonite drop their advertising for Big Ed? No! Instead, they're still running ads on his show.

Some Republicans and a few in the conservative media have decided to take Rush to task. They meant well, but all their well meaning attempts did was give cover to the Left for their attempts to squelch the free speech of conservatives.

Rush Limbaugh deserved better from us. We weren't there to cover his back when the Left launched this attack on him, to cover up their own lies. For that, Rush Limbaugh is owed an apology. Because if this happens to Rush, it will happen to either you or me someday soon.

Now, we fight back!

I've seen some suggest this, and what needs to be done now is to contact Rush's remaining sponsors and let them know how much Rush Limbaugh is important to America, and his voice should not be silenced.

I do not own a Sleep Number bed, but if I did, I would return it. If I had a Carbonite subscription, I would cancel it. I will not use Quicken Loans, or support an online law firm for a lawyer who hates free speech, in addition to getting OJ Simpson acquitted for murder.

Write, call and Twitter.

No comments: