Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mitt Romney Uses The Language Of The Occupy Movement

Yes he did, in Chandler, AZ (video at The Other McCain).

“I am going to lower rates across the board for all Americans by 20%. And in order to limit any impact on the deficit, because I do not want to add to the deficit, and also in order to make sure we continue to have progressivity as we’ve had in the past in our code, I’m going to limit the deductions and exemptions particularly for high income folks. And by the way, I want to make sure you understand that, for middle income families, the deductibility of home mortgage interest and charitable contributions will continue. But for high income folks, we are going to cut back on that, so we make sure the top 1% keeps paying the current share they’re paying or more.”

Bruce at Conservative Commune says:

Really? Because that’s right out of the Occupy Wall Street playbook. His campaign staff released a press release which stated, “”The principle of fairness must be preserved in federal tax and spending policy,”

Of course they don’t believe that at all or they wouldn’t be talking about “the top 1%” paying more. It has nothing to do with “fairness” as most people would define it.

This is what I talk about when I say that Republicans are as much a problem, if not more of a problem, than Democrats. Republicans like Romney compromise their principles for votes. This is a class warfare buy-in by him, even using the OWS/Democratic rhetoric.

WTF? This is supposed to be the Repubican frontrunner, and he sounds like a liberal Democrat. I mean, seriously, Romney would have been more honest if he'd primaried Obama as a Democrat, instead of pretending to be "severely conservative."

But I'm sure Ann Coulter and Jennifer Rubin are too busy waving their pom poms to notice.


Anonymous said...

I'm throwing in with the "Dump Romney" movement. Probably won't work, in which case I'll end up supporting the Constitution Party or even Obama. And BTW, if there was even the SLIGHTEST chance that Romney would be viable in November, I would probably hold my nose YET AGAIN and vote for another McCain. Since victory is not an option, I'd like to add to the margin of defeat, and hopefully throw a few extra shovelfuls of dirt onto the coffin of the McCain brand of Republicanism.

Anonymous said...

I'm a conservative who will be boycotting Romney this fall. I'm far from the only one. But apparently God Himself has told Romney not to believe us, and that conservatives WILL (I repeat, WILL!!!!!!!!!) be front and center as the nominee's STRONGEST supporters on election day. I'd like to see them put $10,000 on that prediction.