Thursday, January 05, 2012

Sixth Blogoversary -- Has It REALLY Been Six Years?

I guess it has been, checking back in my archives. Six years ago today I made the first posting on this blog.



So, what got me started in the world of online punditry? I started finding conservative activists online during the Bush/Gore election fight, but when that ended, just kind of went back to what I was doing. Sure I listened to talk radio and the news, but I just went about my business, just as everyone else around me was doing.

Then 9/11 happened, and the sight in San Rafael, CA of a bunch of Left-wing, 1960s retread, hippie communists who posed as "peace activists" protesting a possible war against al-Queda and blaming us for the attacks enraged me. This wasn't the time to sing "Kumbaya," it was time to sing "Let's Kick Some Ass & Take Some Names" (I know...there's no such song, but someone could write one!). I found a small group of people who were willing to counter these idiots, both in Marin County and in San Francisco.

As these passions grew, they needed an outlet. Because I had a background as a print journalist, writing was the answer. But what? A letter to the editor of the Communist rag The Marin Independent Urinal? Most likely, it would end up in the trash. I did start publishing opinion pieces for one online conservative website from 2002-2003, but retreated as I was preparing to start my own family. In late 2005, the creative juices got flowing again, and after discovering the Blogger platform, I decided to start a blog at the beginning of 2006.

Since 2006, there's been many changes (not just the blog appearance). In late 2007, my family and I moved from Novato, CA to northern Virginia, after my employer shut their doors. I decided to keep the name as it was, and just mention I was "exiled."

Thanks to all of you who have come by over the last six years to read, comment and send your thanks. Words cannot express how happy I am for your support. To you libs who have sent hate e-mails, or left snarky messages, thanks for the entertainment and reminding me that I'm doing my job.

I also want to thank the various bloggers who have MIM in their blogrolls, and who have linked to my writings over the years, as well as those friends in the print media and talk radio who have referenced MIM. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm thankful for your support and the friendships I have made with so many of you...online as well as at various conservative gatherings. You know who you are, and I want you to know how grateful I am.

So, onto the next six years!

1 comment:

Quite Rightly said...

Six years! Wow! Congratulations!