Thursday, September 01, 2011

Obama: "I'm Frustrated" America's Even More Frustrated And Doesn't Want To Hear It From You

A lot of bloggers and others who follow this Regime received this e-mail from the President today. I did too.

Today I asked for a joint session of Congress where I will lay out a clear plan to get Americans back to work. Next week, I will deliver the details of the plan and call on lawmakers to pass it.

Whether they will do the job they were elected to do is ultimately up to them.

But both you and I can pressure them to do the right thing. We can send the message that the American people are playing by the rules and meeting their responsibilities -- and it's time for our leaders in Congress to meet theirs.

And we must hold them accountable if they don't.

So I'm asking you to stand with me in calling on Congress to step up and take action on jobs:

No matter how things go in the weeks and months ahead, this will be an important challenge for our organization.

It's been a long time since Congress was focused on what the American people need them to be focused on.

I know that you're frustrated by that. I am, too.

That's why I'm putting forward a set of bipartisan proposals to help grow the economy and create jobs -- that means strengthening our small businesses, giving needed breaks to middle-class families, while taking responsible steps to bring down our deficit.

I'm asking lawmakers to look past short-term politics and take action on that plan. But we've got to do this together.

You're frustrated? Hell, there's a lot of people in America who are even more frustrated because they either cannot find work, or have to work at a job (or two) that still doesn't pay enough, while they watch you and Moochelle jet off to Martha's Vineyard in your "His" and "Hers" taxpayer funded jets, and your endless rounds of golf, like you don't have a care in the world.

All that vacation time, all those fundraisers, were more important to you than telling America how you want to put America back to work. For that matter, passing your risky scheme known as Obamacare that has raised health insurance premiums was more important than putting Americans to work.

While you're at it, spare me all the talk about putting politics aside, because your little stunt about picking the night of the GOP Presidential Debate for your malignant narcissism to a joint session of Congress shows it's you who is making it all about politics.

Why should anyone listen to you after two and a half years of inaction on the issues that matter to most Americans? I certainly won't be.

No comments: