Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is speaking below in the Ballroom for CPAC 2011.
As he's done in the past, he made his entrance walking through the crowd, to the strains of "Eye of the Tiger."
He noted the comparisons to Barack Hussein Obama by the lapdog media and paraphrased the famous "I knew Reagan" line, telling them Barack Obama is no Ronald Reagan.
He dismissed the notion that Obama is moving to the center, and suggested there are seven steps he could take, if he sincerely wished to move to the center.
1. Sign the repeal of Obamacare
2. Sign tort reform for doctors
3. Sign a permanent repeal of the death tax, which he notes is supported in polls by 78 percent of the American people.
4. Sign a new Hyde Amendment, ensuring no taxpayer funding of abortion.
5. Sign a new Paul Ryan designed balanced budget.
6. Sign legislation to decisively control the border now.
7. Sign a 10th Amendment implementation act.
He also pointed to Brazil as a model for energy independence.
Newt did joke also that, if Obama did move genuinely move to the center, perhaps he'd be invited to speak CPAC next year.