Wednesday, June 02, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: Romanoff Says Obama White House Dangled Three Jobs For Him Not To Run Against Bennet In Colorado Democrat Senate Primary

As a follow-up to my post below, Ian Schwartz (via FreeRepublic) says Andrew Romanoff confirms he the Obama White House offered three jobs not to run in the Democrat Senate primary in Colorado, against incumbent Michael Bennet.

Schwartz has the following statement from Romanoff:

I have received a large number of press inquiries concerning the role the White House is reported to have played in my decision to run for the U.S. Senate. I have declined comment because I did not want – and do not want – to politicize this matter.

A great deal of misinformation has filled the void in the meantime. That does not serve the public interest or any useful purpose.

Here are the facts:

In September 2009, shortly after the news media first reported my plans to run for the Senate, I received a call from Jim Messina, the President’s deputy chief of staff. Mr. Messina informed me that the White House would support Sen. Bennet. I informed Mr. Messina that I had made my decision to run.

Mr. Messina also suggested three positions that might be available to me were I not pursuing the Senate race. He added that he could not guarantee my appointment to any of these positions. At no time was I promised a job, nor did I request Mr. Messina’s assistance in obtaining one.

Later that day, I received an email from Mr. Messina containing descriptions of three positions (email attached). I left him a voicemail informing him that I would not change course.

I have not spoken with Mr. Messina, nor have I discussed this matter with anyone else in the White House, since then.

This is being corroborated by Time, Politico and the Washington ComPost.

As I said earlier, this proves that the Sestak explanation given by the White House was not only a lie, but part of a pattern. And if you think this isn't a crime, may I refer you to 18 USC Section 600.

Obama is beginning to make Richard Nixon look like a choirboy.

No comments: