Friday, November 13, 2009

"Soft On Terror" Obama Admin. To Put 9/11 Mastermind On Trial In Civilian Court

More bad news for this nation from an Administration which is clueless on the threat we face from Islamofascists (Fox News).
Self-proclaimed Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other Guantanamo Bay detainees will be sent to New York to face trial in a civilian federal court, an Obama administration official said Friday.

The official said Attorney General Eric Holder plans to announce the decision later in the morning.

The official is not authorized to discuss the decision before the announcement, so spoke on condition of anonymity.

Bringing such notorious suspects to U.S. soil to face trial is a key step in President Barack Obama's plan to close the terror suspect detention center at Guantanamo
Bay, Cuba. Obama initially planned to close the detention center by Jan. 22, but the administration is no longer expected to meet that deadline.

The New York case may also force the court system to confront a host of difficult legal issues surrounding counter-terrorism programs begun after the 2001 attacks, including the harsh interrogation techniques once used on some of the suspects while in CIA custody. The most severe method — waterboarding, or simulated drowning — was used on Mohammed 183 times in 2003, before the practice was banned.
So what if his lawyers and a sympathetic judge let this mass-murdering terrorist free on some technicality? Don't forget too, that some secrets may become public evidence in the trial.

This "playing nice so the Muslim world will like us" crap isn't going to work and only shows weakness. It certainly didn't stop the Ft. Hood Jihadist from killing 13 (make that 14) Americans.

At 9/11 Families for a Safe & Stong America, Sgt. Tim Sumner has a letter up to the President supporting Military tribunals for these terrorists. Click here to read, and sign if you'd like. So far, 5,000 signatures have been added.

No comments: